Saturday, April 3, 2010

It arrived...me and my iPad meet.

It was 10:30 am. The dogs started barking. I looked outside and saw the vision I had been thinking about for the last 30 days. Yes, the UPS driver was walking up my driveway. Much to my glee, under his arm was my iPad!

I enter the house, screaming of my good fortune. Carefully, I open the box. There it was.

It's smaller than I thought. It's a little heavier too. I had no idea 1.5 pounds could weigh so much. It easily synced to my Mac and in mere minutes I was ready to go. I spent the next hour arraigning my icons, re-arranging my icons. Then I explored the 1000s of applications for my new iPad. I downloaded a movie. I held it like a new child.

Guess what happened next. My kids demanded a turn. I turned to my iPhone. Why? To post my new arrival on Facebook! Not only do I love my iPad, I also wanted my friends to be jealous!

3 comments:

  1. I still don't get the benefit of being an early adopter...that's like getting the first year year of a new or major redesigned vehicle...never a good idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, it was a treat to myself. I am never an early adopter but I am an Apple user and a huge fan so I thought I had earned a splurge. Luckily, it is as good as delivered and I can happily use it as laptop. When v2 comes out, this one will go to my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I too am not an early adopter, but sometimes you just have to "have it"! When you have kids (that are teens or tweens), the new "gadgetry" never goes to waste! Treats to self are great and keep us sane (on some basic level anyway)! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete